Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Beagle in Boise

Mom and Dad came for a visit last weekend. Of course the beagle, little Susie Cute, came too. We were so happy to have them all here.
It turns out Susie has grown quite a bit since I first met her at Easter. And she is also quite a biter. All of us had bled by the end of the weekend. Rick decided it was better to wear heavy gloves when handling the beagle.
.
Our friends Dan and Ellisea came for dinner on Friday night. I just love this photo of Dan and Susie.

On Saturday we drove to Leslie Gulch in search of the wild flowers that weren't there in April. Well they weren't there in May either. But the rock formations were still spectacular, and we enjoyed showing the area to my parents.

We spent a lot of time on the deck. It was the best place for smoking cigars, drinking gin, and for keeping Susie entertained. She loved watching the people and dogs passing by on the bike path behind our house.








We did manage to fit in 9 holes of golf. Rick beat us this time, but we all had fun.

I know it seems like the weekend was all about the beagle, and let's be honest - it was. But seriously, I absolutely love spending time with my parents, and I am so glad they are willing to drive all the way from Kansas to Idaho to see me.

No comments: