Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Walter's Ferry

My life-long friend Jennifer came to Boise to visit again this year. As Rick said, I am lucky I have friends who are willing to travel across the country to come visit me. So since Jennifer flew all the way from Wisconsin to Boise, we decided to treat her to a visit to Walter's Ferry.

I had heard a lot about Walter's Ferry from my friend Mike. He goes there a lot, it seems. He never found the words to accurately describe this place, and neither will I. I certainly was not prepared for what I saw.

This place has a lot of bronze statues, like this one of Albert.

And this one of Mark.

Birdhouses, like this one, were everywhere.

And then there was real, live weirdness. While trying to photograph the peacocks, this bunny rabbit appeared from nowhere. It followed the peacock around like it was its mother, even though the peacock wanted nothing to do with the bunny.


I could go on and on sharing pictures of the things I saw at Walter's Ferry, but it's just better if you go check it out for yourself. Come visit me in Boise, and I'll take you.

No comments: