This year we joined our good friends Dan and Ellisea for their annual 4th-of-July camp-out near Alturas Lake. For over 40 years, Dan and his buddies have been camping here. Now the group has grown to include children and even some grandchildren. There were over 30 people at the camp-out this year (and nearly as many dogs!)
It takes a lot of wood to support this magnitude of camp-out.

On Saturday, Rick and I took a ride to the lake on my Honda.

That night we had the biggest, and most classic, campfire ring I have ever joined. Complete with smores, dutch oven cobblers, a guitar, and sing-alongs, it was truly a traditional American celebration. (And a lot of fun.)

1 comment:
Hi Peanut, I used your logon so I'm thinking you won't be able to tell that Rick made this comment. I like the double fire photo. My favorite song was, "everytime I go to town they're always kicking my dog around..."
Post a Comment